A typical Paleolithic breakfast means eating vegetables, fruits and animal proteins minus all the grains, sugar and wheat products. This concept might be a shock to many people but the benefits of this diet and sticking to it for breakfast, are unbelievable.
It is common knowledge that our ancestors never used to get ill meaning it is the food that we are consuming that has brought all the diseases killing this generation through diabetes and cancer. Other benefits include better sleep, improved digestion and metabolism, better skin, more energy and a lean athletic body.
So What Should you Eat For Breakfast?
A good breakfast meal should have 3 components:
1. Fruits or vegetables- these help with anti-oxidant and vitamins to enhance immunity and brain function.
2. Lean meat- provides proteins that make bones stronger and enhance immunity. They also keep a person full for a long time.
3. Healthy fats- provide the body with energy and repair tissue. You can get this from avocados, nuts, coconut, palm, animal, and olive oils.
However, there are foods that should and must be avoided being taken in their natural form because they are bad for the health and have bad side effects. This means they must not make it to a Paleo breakfast. These foods are:
1. Milk. Failure to contrary believe, there are other sources of calcium apart from milk. Milk has very high protein levels and it’s hard to digest. The side effects of adults taking milk in its natural form include allergies, eczema, early physical development, cancer, acne and decreased sex drive.
2. Whole wheat foods-these include bread and scones made with brown flour and also brown rice. They are said to be the healthier option but they are not. They raise insulin levels and this causes diabetes.
3. Grains. Legumes and beans are not good for you no matter what doctors say. They have lectins and toxins that block absorption of good nutrients.
4. Sugar. Brown sugar is believed to be natural but it’s dirty and unhealthy. It’s still processed from sugar canes and all the good stuff taken away leaving behind sucrose, which everybody knows can cause diabetes, dental issues, and other diseases.
Spice it up with variations – Healthy Breakfast Ideas
For people who eat eggs and bacon in the morning not much changes. However, tea and coffee should be substituted with a fresh fruit or vegetable smoothie. You can make tea made with almond or coconut milk to avoid dairy or have a cup of herbal tea.
A piece of fruit and a handful of nuts will be good for you and a nice pancake recipe made of mashed bananas and coconut milk will go along way instead of bread. Interchange the eggs from one day to another by cooking fried, then omelette and then boiled to kill monotony.
Cook with olive oil always and always select bacon and meat that has no additives.